Saturday, September 5, 2009

What To Do With The Odd Stuff

I found that there are just some things that I pack in lunches that just need their own space.  Some things just have too much moisture content to mix with drier things.  Or something is just too fragile to let float around in the box freely.  Or there are little pieces that I don't want to travel.  The odd stuff. 

The ideal way to do this is with little containers, like cupcake holders.  Paper holders were not practical or reusable.  I found these cute little silicone pinch bowls at my local Walmart, similar to these.  They came in a pack of 2 for about $2.  They are not as flexible as the silicone cupcake holders I finally got at Michaels.  I used a 40% off coupon so for a dozen, I only paid $6.  Fifty cents each is not too shabby.  Plus I could someday use them for actual cupcakes.  But I would have to be really inspired for that to happen.  I like their moldablility.  They mush into corners of the box and let me maximize my space while keeping foods separate as needed.  Plus they add a pop of color in the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment